The Griffith Aboriginal Service offers emotional and social support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander youth between the ages of 12-24 years.
Our aim as Aboriginal youth workers is to provide advocacy and support for Aboriginal young people who are may be dealing with particular issue
- Provided information, referral and advocacy when you need to deal with the AMS and other mainstream services
- Individualised support and assistance for any issues you may have.
- Connect you with other services to assist and support you with any issues you may be facing.
- Aims to prevent and intervene in the development of mental health and drug and alcohol problems
- Assist in the development and intervention of programs and events to promote the social and emotional wellbeing of Aboriginal youth in Griffith.
· An Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander person between the ages of 12-24 years.
· Needing one or more support in areas including but not limited to: Employment, Housing, Life skills, Connection to community and culture, mental health, Education, Financial, Drug and alcohol and legal.
For more information or to schedule an appointment please contact Vickie Louise on 6962 0000
COMPLETE A SURVEY
GAMS Youth team are inviting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people between the ages of 12-24 yrs in the Griffith community to complete a survey. This was created to allow a safe space for you to have your say on what challenges and issues you believe most affect you as a young people in community. This will provide a guide in improving services and establishing programs that can support your needs.
Everyone who completes the survey will go into a draw to win a $100 gift voucher!